Had to buy this T-shirt. Just because.
Wearing: T-shirt – Tee & Cake (via Topshop) / sunglasses, earcuff – H&M
Equality for all! I couldn’t be happier to hear the news about Supreme Court’s decision to legalize same sex marriage in the U.S.! It’s such a big step for the mankind and definitely a very historic day for the LGBT community. So let’s raise a glass today and honour everyone’s right to be treated equally!
And here’s a bunch of photos from today. I rarely wear heels these days, but it was quite clear that this poncho needed a pair of high-heeled shoes. So I blew the dust off of these black shoes which, by the way, have a sentimental value to me – I bought them in Helsinki two years ago, just an hour before my job interview for H&M, because I was in the need for a more appropriate pair of shoes to wear to the interview. It was a very hot summer day, so it was definitely not easy to walk in these heels, but I guess it was worth it. :)
Wearing: top – Alexander Wang x H&M / poncho – Monki / hat – Vila / jeans – Zara / watch – Daniel Wellington / shoes – H&M
Oh how I love to spend Sundays at home doing absolutely nothing! That’s exactly what happened yesterday as well – spent the day watching YouTube videos, reading blogs and eating a whole lot of ice cream.
I’m now trying to get all the work done as quickly as possible, so that I could start the Midsummer celebrations. Can’t wait to get out of the city again!
Wishing you all a fantastic Midsummer! And hey, don’t drink and drive!
Wearing: hat – Zara / top – H&M
Eesti Kunstiakadeemia moestilistika eriala värsked vilistlased said hakkama tõelise ägedusega ning koondasid kogu oma imelise andekuse moeajakirja Lookbook 8 kaante vahele, millel paksust lausa 300 lehekülge. Eile õhtul toimus restoranis Kivi Paber Käärid selle esitlusüritus, kus sai ajakirjaga kenasti tutvust teha. Kui sellest ideest eelmisel suvel kuulsin, siis aimasin kohe, et see saab olema üks ääretult vinge projekt, kuid seda, et moeajakiri NII tuusaks tehakse, ma küll oodata ei osanud. Nii et hops kõik nende Facebooki lehte uudistama ja seda ägedust endalegi soetama, sest ei ole raamatut, mis sobiks paremini hommikukohvi kõrvale sirvimiseks kui Lookbook 8. Well done, guys!
The fashion students of Estonian Academy of Arts launched their own magazine/book yesterday. And it’s AMAZING! It’s called Lookbook 8 and it includes all of their best work, from styling to photography. If you ever have a chance to check it out then please do, because it’s truly one fine piece of art!
I decided to do something different today and share 22 random facts about myself with you guys. Check them out! And here’s a random unpublished photo to accompany these random facts:
1. I’m a Scorpio. And I truly am. The sentence “Scorpio is the one sign who can give you sensitivity, moodiness, dominance, stubborness, advice, laughter, harshness, love… And a headache, all in a matter of minutes.” is so damn true!
2. My sense of humour is as sarcastic as it can get.
3. My favourite city in the whole wide world is New York. I have been there only once, in 2009, but I do have an eternal love for that city.
4. My favourite place in Estonia is the island of Vormsi. I spent all of my childhood summers there with my grandma and I wouldn’t trade this experience or these memories for anything else. And I now believe that the simplicity and purity of nature taught me how to appreciate little things in life.
5. Cats. It’s all about the cats! You know the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons? Well, that’s probably going to be me in like 20 years. If I could, I’d adopt aaaaalll the cats in the world. And huskies.
6. I’m truly, truly, TRULY afraid of two things: snakes and flying. Also, while we’re at it, I’d personally like to thank the person who decided to take both of my biggest fears and TURN THEM INTO A MOVIE! (Snakes on the plane)
7. I’d never be able to get a professional pedicure done, because I’m so darn afraid of tickling. I mean, just try to go anywhere near my feet and I’ll hit you. And I’m not kidding.
8. My life is full of spontaneous decisions, but otherwise I’m extremely organized. As in OCD organized – I can’t stand it when there’s any disorder in my life! My books and clothes are all theme and color-coordinated, I keep my house very neat and organized, every single thing on my agenda is correctly written into my daily planner (which, by the way, I design/draw myself), my mailbox is extremely clean as I never leave any e-mails unread and have specific folders for all types of e-mails (I get very, very frustrated when the workload gets so heavy that I can’t keep my mailbox clean), I create tons of to-do lists, my photos are all very organized and put into separate folders and so on. I also can’t stand it when I have “unread notifications”.
9. I have never been a fan of vegetables. It has taken me a lot of time and effort to get used to eating them and I still can’t stand so many of them. The easiest way for me to get my vitamins is to throw all the vegetables into a blender and turn them into a smoothie. But I keep trying and I can definitely say that it gets better by the year!
10. I’m a very passionate and focused person and if I decide to do something, I do it with great passion.
11. I used to play drums for five years. And I still regret quitting it.
12. My blonde hair colour is my natural hair colour. I have never dyed my hair nor am I planning on doing it.
13. Probably the most unknown fact is that I’m a complete crossword puzzle junkie. I can easily spend my entire day doing only crossword puzzles and nothing else, and I have been doing it since I was about 10.
14. I don’t like sweets. I really don’t. Sure, I eat some chocolate every now and then, but I always prefer salty snacks. I could eat chips and popcorn all day every day and never even think about “having something sweet”. Although, one thing that I do really like is popsicles, but hey, they aren’t really that sweet. Oh and I don’t like cakes at all. AT ALL!
15. I read a lot. Right now I’m reading Umberto Eco’s “The Name of the Rose” and my all-time favourite book is Henri Charriere’s “Papillon”.
16. I absolutely hate horror movies.
17. My favourite season is Autumn and I love everything about it!
18. I will never get tired of Friends (the TV show). I think I’ve watched the entire show from beginning to the end approximately 30 times. This is the exact reason why my boyfriend likes to tease me about it, because whenever they’re showing Friends on TV, I tend to start quoting every single sentence that is being said in this particular episode. And I have no problem telling which exact episode they’re showing just by hearing one or two sentences. Talk about being a fan..
19. I have moved A LOT in my life. Right now I’m living in my 13th home. That’s not okay. :D
20. One of my greatest passions in life is music. I grew up listening to classical music and I’m very thankful to my parents for taking me to opera theatres and symphony orchestra concerts when I was little. It really is an eye-opener for a young kid. Nonetheless, I was five when I discovered RnB music (Toni Braxton!) and fourteen when I discovered hip hop (Cypress Hill!) and I have been true to these two genres ever since. I do, of course, listen to other stuff as well, but I’ll always love these two genres the most.
21. My family is my rock. We’ve been through a lot, but it has all made us even stronger. I love them to death and I feel really blessed and happy that I have such a great family! FYI, I have two sisters.
22. I always, ALWAYS have my nails painted, because I feel naked when they’re not.
So that’s about it for now! If there’s anything else you’d like to know, leave a comment! ♥